Friday, May 13, 2011

"WHERE'S MY BITCHES?"

.
You don't gotta know what "Fo shizzle" and "G dog" means before you'll find the movie 'Hollywood Shuffle' hilarious.






















'Hollywood Shuffle' was a genuine American success story. From Wikipedia: With a budget of $100,000, of which $60,000 was funded from Robert Townsend's own credit cards, and grossing over $5 million over the first ten months of release, the film was a resounding independent success, propelling Townsend into stardom.

The entire movie is really good and includes a number of funny skits that are "all effervescent 'n' sh#t." But without a doubt, my favorite skit in 'Hollywood Shuffle' is "Sneakin' In The Movies" - an urban 'hood send-up of the old Siskel & Ebert "thumbs up/thumbs down" movie reviewing program.

One of my most frequently used quotes comes from the "Sneakin' In The Movies" segment. No, not "Where's my bitches?" - believe it or not, I don't often find myself in a situation where it's appropriate to say "Where's my bitches?"

However, I do often find myself in situations where this quote works just right: "That shit could really happen!"

...Attack Of The Street Pimps - oh, gosh, that is SO FUNNY!

Look, if you need a laugh, be sure to watch the video clip below. It's the entire "Sneakin' In The Movies" segment from 'Hollywood Shuffle'. Be forewarned, there's some foul language 'n' shit - these are supposed to be brothers from the 'hood, ya know - but still, this is 10 great minutes of "hilarity, gravitivity, and polarity". I mean, if you don't think this is funny stuffs, just go away - leave my blog and never come back.

I thank you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfWc47SEPA0


~ Stephen T. McCarthy

Postscript: The "Sneakin' In The Movies" segment contains a flaw that I caught once by rewinding. Don't try to find it the first time through; just enjoy the laughs. But if you're inclined to "find da flaw" later, I'll give you a major clue: the color "yellow".


YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

6 comments:

  1. That was funny 'n' shit! I was actually laughing out loud which probably doesn't often happen when people write LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARJORIE ~
    You know what is REALLY funny? That you wrote "shit".

    You can't do that! It breaks in pieces all of my preconceived notions about you.

    I totally screwed up in the blog bit. I wrote the following:

    "I mean, if you don't think this is funny stuffs, just go away - leave my blog and never come back."

    What the heckaboozle was I thinkin'?! How could I have written "If you don't think this is funny" without ending the sentence with "you'd better not go to college" - as I ALWAYS do?!

    And that leads me to my next remark...

    Do you know where that line comes from? ["If you don't think that's funny, you'd better not go to college".] I use it pretty often, but does ya know what movie I stole it from?

    "EAST OF EDEN" - starring James Dean (1955).

    Now, some Q's:
    Have you seen it yet?
    Why not?!

    Did I lead you astray with "Ordinary People"? No. Did I say that "Sneakin' In The Movies" from 'Hollywood Shuffle' was funny? Yes. And was I right? Yes.

    So, how come youz ain't seen "East Of Eden" (EOE) yet?

    I was just watching a couple of scenes from EOE earlier today. If you don't think James Dean gives a GREAT performance in that, then I don't know jack!

    EOE was Dean's first (and in my opinion, best) movie. The story is told that the moment he appeared on screen, the girls in the theatres all across America started screaming. I believe it!

    Watch for that scene when he talks the barmaid into showing him where Kate's office is. Hokey-Smoke! If I were a female, I would have been screaming too. Heck, I'm a totally heterosexual guy and I still almost melt!

    Dean is mostly remembered as a teeny-bopper screen scream idol, but that's total B.S.! I'm still convinced he was the best male actor that America ever produced.

    You gotta see it! You gotta tell me you loved it. Or else... the Wolfman's a-gonna getcha!

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, okay! I won't write shit again! I mean I won't write *bleep* again. And I'll see EOE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. >> . . . Okay, okay! I won't write shit again! I mean I won't write *bleep* again. And I'll see EOE.

    Ha! :o)

    Hey, you can write sh-- *bleep* all ya want. I wasn't saying that I thought you shouldn't have; I was just saying it surprised me that you did. I actually thought it "was funny 'n' shit!"

    But I don't recall seeing you use a woid like dat before, so it caught me by surprise. But it also made me laugh ('n' shit).

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's da flaw?!!!

    None of the pimps had on a yellow suit?

    I know we've discussed our mutual love of this movie before. I was 20 years old when it came out and it was the most quoted movie of me and my buddies for years. "Hoes gotta eat too right?"

    WP

    ReplyDelete
  6. OL' WP ~
    >> . . . None of the pimps had on a yellow suit?

    You got it, Brother!

    After the one reviewer made a comment about the pimp with the yellow suit, I'm probably the only person who ever rewound it to see which pimp he was specifically referring to. And to my surprise, I found that there WASN'T any pimp in a yellow suit!

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.