Saturday, April 3, 2010

C IS FOR "CONTRARIAN COMPARISON" & "CANCER"

.
“One-tenth of a dollar, one-tenth of a dollar. We got service after sales
You need perfume? We got perfume. How 'bout an engagement ring?

Something for the little lady? Something for the little lady?
Something for the little lady? Hmmm
Three for a dollar! . . .”

GOOD STUFFS
C IS 4 “CONTRARIAN COMPARISON” :

I’m going to compare below two edible objects that I ate yesterday:

OBJECT 1: Dark red.
OBJECT 2: Bright orange.
OBJECT 1: Roundish, but slightly narrower at the bottom than it is at the top.
OBJECT 2: Round.
OBJECT 1: A little smaller than my fist.
OBJECT 2: Slightly larger than my fist.
OBJECT 1: Has a dark, thin half inch stem protruding from its center at the top.
OBJECT 2: Has no stem, but does have a small green nub in its center at the top.
OBJECT 1: Is wrapped in a thin but firm skin.
OBJECT 2: Is contained within a thick, pitted, leathery skin with a white underside.
OBJECT 1: White inside; one pulpy mass.
OBJECT 2: Orange inside with white fibers running around segmented pieces.
OBJECT 1: Is fairly sweet, juicy and crisp.
OBJECT 2: Is soft, sweet and juicy but with a very slight tartness also.
OBJECT 1: Contained three small, dark brown seeds in its core.
OBJECT 2: Contained no seeds of any sort.
* In my opinion, OBJECT 2 tasted better than OBJECT 1.

I have just analyzed the similarities and the differences between a Red Delicious Apple and a Navel Orange.
.

.
Now, the next time someone tells you that you can’t compare two items to each other because “it would be like comparing apples to oranges”, you can reply with this: “Comparing apples to oranges is hardly impossible. In fact, I once saw a rank amateur do it rather easily on his Blog.” [Don’t accept that invalid cliché any longer. I say, “Compare away!”]

BAD STUFFS
C IS 4 “CANCER” :

.

.
I want to switch gears on you now and write about something that’s serious. No, not halitosis or incontinence. I mean, something that’s REALLY serious. I want to briefly address the subject of cancer. This is a public service announcement:

Alright, we’re all big boys and girls here, aren’t we? And there ain’t any really stupid dudes or dudettes reading this Blog Bit, are there? Haven’t we lived long enough to have arrived at the conclusion that much of the way “this world” operates revolves around the acquisition of money and power? “Follow the money!” haven’t we all said that at one time or another?

Why then, would any reasonable, logical person with even a modicum of critical thinking capacity believe that this somehow does not apply in the world of medicine? Do the areas of health and medicine not offer plenty of opportunity for human beings to acquire money and power? Or is every doctor, every corporation, and every organization functioning within the realm of medicine solely interested in your well-being?

What if cancer could be prevented or even cured by simple changes in diet? What if avoiding cancer was as simple as getting a sufficient amount of a certain nutrient that is ordinarily lacking in the modern diet? If dietary adjustments could prevent cancer and even cure it in very advanced, even so-called “terminal” stages, would it be in the best interest of the pharmaceutical companies, the makers of complicated diagnostic machines, and organizations that exist only to “fight” cancer, to tell you this?

Well, neither I nor anyone in my immediate family has had a major “cancer encounter”, but alternative views have always interested me. And that’s why years ago I read two books on the subject of Laetrile, or “Vitamin B-17.” These books opened my eyes to the fact that millions of people are living in fear of and dying of cancer when it’s not at all necessary.

I have no association with either author – have never met or even spoken with either one of them – so it makes no difference to my wallet whether or not you buy their books (heck, I’d say get them through an Interlibrary Loan for free!), but I will tell you this: There’s no good reason for anyone to fear cancer or die from it. For sure, The Good Lord is going to call each of us Home someday, but there are better ways to go than at the hand of cancer. Choose another path Home! Read these absolutely astounding books, Brothers and Sisters, and tell cancer to "F.O."

‘WORLD WITHOUT CANCER: The Story Of Vitamin B-17’
by G. Edward Griffin


‘ALIVE AND WELL: One Doctor’s Experience With Nutrition In The Treatment Of Cancer Patients’
by Philip E. Binzel, Jr., M.D.

If your library can’t get these books for you, they can be purchased through G. Edward Griffin’s own website. Here’s a link: ‘REALITY ZONE’

Again, I have no vested interest in any purchase anyone might make; I just hate seeing the Brothers and Sisters whom God gave to me dying in such a horrible manner. (Contrary to popular opinion, I really am a pretty decent guy.)

BONUS MATERIAL:
Since this little episode which occurred yesterday does relate to a person’s car, and since car does begin with the letter “C”, I figured I’d just toss this in so I can close this Blog Bit on a lighter note.

Where I work, I occasionally speak with a woman named Jan. She and I were talking yesterday about the manner in which some Christian churches conduct their Easter services. When she went to leave, she complained to me that recently she had noticed a bad odor in her car but she was unable to locate the source of the smell. I suggested, “Maybe it’s you.”
Jan said, “WHAT?!
And I said, “Well, do you smell it in your car
when you’re not in it?”

Le McQuote Du Jour:
You just gotta know how to lay it on them dudes, man.
~ Cheech (of 'Cheech And Chong')

~ Stephen T. McCarthy
Doggtor of Semiliterate, Half-Naked Blogological Studies
Stream O’Consciousness University in Carpeteria, California

Letter Links:
AB -

YE OLDE COMMENT POLICY: All comments, pro and con, are welcome. However, ad hominem attacks and disrespectful epithets will not be tolerated (read: "posted"). After all, this isn’t Amazon.com, so I don’t have to put up with that kind of bovine excrement.
.

12 comments:

  1. Firstly thanks for a wonderful "C" BLOG. I thought 2 "C" subjects were fine to read but the cancer got to me, My husband first had lung cancer, having a lung removed made a remarkable recovery only to be told 3 days after my mother passed away he had terminal brain cancer and within 2 months he too had left me, well it took me time to accept my loses then just as I
    was starting to rebuild my life my eldest son was diagnosed with cancer, luckily for him he is in remission at present, but the fear is there no matter how positive one is no matter what books you read it's always there lurking in the back of your mind.I was hoping no one would mention that c word
    but I know one has to face one's fears straight in the face. I too had a scare last year after a cervix test was abnormal but luckily that too was ok, but must have 6 monthly check ups one this month in fact.Though I didn't want to see that "C" WORD I thank you.

    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  2. YVONNE ~
    Just last week, I recommended these same two books to someone in the comment section of one of Arlee Bird's posts. Based on what you've written above, I believe that someone was you!

    In fact, I'm fairly certain that the person had the word "Poetry" in their pseudonym, so it MUST have been you.

    Please have your eldest son read these books. I don't know what personality type he is, but anyone who is willing to at least question conventional wisdom at times will find these two books eye-opening if not outright mind-blowing!

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good --- you had me wondering where you were going with this at first and then you packaged it with a punch-- clever take on this and I will remember this every time I hear that cliche.

    Bad -- I remember when you recommended these books and they would be well worth a look.

    Bonus -- And then what did she say?

    Thanks
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog :) I've put your link up with your colloquial words :)
    have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I didn't read your comment in Arlee's blog, my eldest son is very positive and remained working throughout his gruelling treatment,
    He works at a place for the Autisic Adults which is a vey demanding job. I'm afraid it's ME who has the fear of cancer, luckily I can capture my thoughts and feelings in my writing poetry,but I have read alternative books about cancer but have come to the conclusion that we all have cancer in us whether it rears it's ugly head is a chance we have to take. I did not mean to sound sorry for myself but having the shadow of it hanging over my own head is not nice but I am not prepared to ruin my life.
    Many thanks for your concern it is
    very much appreciated.
    Have a nice day.
    Yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  6. >>Bonus -- And then what did she say?<<

    rLEE-b ~
    And then she laughed and said,
    "I can't take you anywhere!"

    Happy Easter, McBuddy!

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

    ReplyDelete
  7. YVONNE ~
    I agree that every one of us is a potential cancer victim. If there's a weak link in our immune system, that's where cancer has the potential to strike. And every one of us has a weak link somewhere.

    My friend's dad drinks far too much alcohol. And when he wound up with cancer, guess where it first struck. That's right - in the liver. And cancer cells originating in the liver is supposedly rather unusual, but for him, it was predictable. Had he been getting Laetrile in his diet, it would not have permitted the cancer cells to get a foothold there and then spread.

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cancer sucks that I've seen first hand. I would definately agree with your position that the medical community has a lot of corrupt people in it. I also believe this is true in the field of cancer research. What I found most astonishing is how they pulled the plug on it's research, kept decreasing the dosage to get the negative results they wanted, and commited out right fraud. Regardless of someones position on vitamin B 17 the fact that the higher ups in the medical community are not interested in a cure is pretty clear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well written, Stephen, and more appropriate than you knew. April 3 is my half-birthday. The only reason I ever knew that, is it also would have been the forty-sixth birthday of someone who used to be very close to me had she not died of cancer back in 1998. We'd always commented through the years how it was each other's half-birthday, aconcept introduced in some book one of us read as a yewt.

    Now, since she died of melanoma, maybe latrile would have helped, maybe not. But while her doctor did encourage her to try alternative treatment methods, her first oncologist discouraged them the the point of losing a patient to another doctor rather than to the cancer.

    The fact that people demonstrate such blind faith in a modern medicine treatment as barbaric as chemotherapy is as much a source of mystery to me as it is to you.

    Let's fill your body with poison and hope it kills what ails ya before it kills you.

    That's when it's time to say, and I quote, "My ride's here."

    ReplyDelete
  10. EXCELLENT post! I've bookmarked the link you provided, thank you. :)

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are part of the A to Z challenge! It's always great to find talented, witty bloggers out there that I can idolize! Looking forward to the alphabet with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BR'ER MARC ~
    Well, of course, you are one of the rare ones who does his research with an open mind and a healthy amount of skepticism for the status quo.

    TODDFAN DISCMAN ~
    Thanks for the comment and the compliment. Not sure if I'm fully following ya about the "half birthday" bit - I'll axe ya some follow-up questions when I seez ya next. You made me laugh with the remark about when you wuz a "yewt".
    :o)

    LISA ~
    Thanks for stopping by and for your kind words. I hope you find the books as valuable as I did.

    RAE ~
    Talented, witty, and idolizable I ain't, but I do know my alphabet! ;o)
    No, but seriously, thanks so much for your very nice comment. Good luck to you all the way to "Z-End."

    ~ "Lonesome Dogg" McMe

    ReplyDelete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.