Wednesday, January 28, 2009

THE CARDINALS ARE HOT! (BUT IT'S A DRY HEAT)

.
A pretty clever letter to the editor of the sports page appeared in The Airheadzona Repugnant yesterday (Tuesday, January 27, 2009). The Arizona Cardinals started the football season as 45-1 long shots to go the distance, and when the playoffs began, they were still at 40-1. Like Mister Mingus, I too thought this underdog was all bark and no bite. That is until they took it to Carolina. When they whupped up on the Panthers and bit their tails off, dat’s when I knew da bird wuz bad:

OUT OF THE CLOSET

I have been a Cardinals closet fan since 1988. Always rooting for them from a distance and hoping they would win. I have since come out of the closet and openly root for them and have become one of their many disciples. I have denied knowing them more than three times before the sun rises. May they forgive me, for I have sinned. I will not deny them anymore. As soon as my Social Security check comes in I will buy one of those expensive $30 hats. Go Cardinals, win the Super Bowl. I am behind you all the way to the end.

~ Clifford Mingus, Phoenix

Where’s Buddy Ryan now that Phoenix has a winner in town? (That’s an inside joke - just like the title of this Blog Bit. You’d have to live and sweat here to get 'em.)

~ Stephen T. McCarthy
.

2 comments:

  1. Dang it now man I thought you were talkin about big bad Mingus on the bass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .
    Nah, man. I was just yakkin' 'bout old man Mingus on the fly.

    ~ STMcC
    <"As a dog returns to his own vomit,
    so a fool repeats his folly."
    ~ Proverbs 26:11>

    ReplyDelete

---> NOTE: COMMENT MODERATION IS ACTIVATED. <---
All submitted comments that do not transgress "Ye Olde Comment Policy" will be posted and responded to as soon as possible. Thanks for taking the time to comment.